I have an MSc degree, graduating with Honours (Massey University PN), and a three-year Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (University of Waikato). I qualified as a clinical psychologist in 2002.
Since then I have worked for:
- The Child, Adolescent and Family Service (CAFS) for the Capital Coast DHB. Here I worked in a multi-disciplinary team with children and young people with significant emotional and behavioural, and developmental difficulties.
- The Child Development Team for the Hutt Hospital. Here I was involved in the assessment and diagnosis of children with developmental concerns, including intellectual disability, dyslexia, autism spectrum disorder and foetal alcohol spectrum disorder. I continue to work for the Hutt CDS on a contract basis.
- Massey University Student Health, counselling and supporting students with a variety of issues, including stress, mood disorders, anxiety, and relationship concerns.
- The Family Court. I have worked as an approved specialist report writer for the Family Court, providing assessments that focus on parent-child relationships, attachment, parenting skills, and children’s needs. At times this involved being cross-questioned in court.
- In my private practice, working with children and adults with a variety of issues, with a special interest in ADHD and autism spectrum disorder, as well as conducting psychological, developmental, immigration and Family Court assessments and providing comprehensive written reports.